Monday, April 24, 2006

Chicago GSB Admit Weekend

So it's been a few days since I have posted with interesting thoughts and articles on the markets, and the delay is primarily because I was in Hyde Park for most of the weekend. University of Chicago had its "Admit Weekend" for accepted students to the full-time MBA program, and I was one of the many who attended with the hopes of getting a better feeling for the school that I would be attending this fall. I had not paid my deposit yet, but I was 100% certain that I would be attending the school, so for me there was little convincing the school had to do. But for many other attendees, the Admit Weekend was a time to get a feel for the school before making the big decision. Personally, I feel that most people know where they want to be and that a campus visit does very little to sway them either way. But that's just my opinion.Overall, Admit Weekend was a blast. Both the current students as well as the admitted students were approachable and interesting. The weekend included informational sessions on the school and it's programs, Q&A with students, and social functions where everyone got to know their peers in a less intense atmosphere.I decided to sign up for the Random Walk trip experience. Check out the site here.

Random Walk trips were stressed pretty hard and the students did a good job convincing many of the admits to sign up. I'm looking forward to the experience. I signed up with the following three as my preferences (in decsending order of preference)

1) Brazil
2) Galapogos Islands
3) Belize

But anyway, it was back to work today. About 2 months left before the fun begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home